Semper versions history ======================= Version Date Changes ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.60b 17.02.94 - invented some bugs calling the BBS ... :-( - changed message handling within multitasking environment a little; now using appl_search instead of appl_find if available; - reading from the port should be a little faster again when HSModem is available; - a few smaller changes/fixes (just cosmetic); - FOR ME: I now use a special 68881 Version which is 10k smaller than yours (and faster)! :-P 0.61b 03.05.94 - changed the i/o-driver _completely_! If there are any problems please report ASAP; - problems with key format hopefully fixed. If your key should not work properly any more please tell me. You'll get a new one in that case. - Init string will not be sent to the modem after a connect any more; instead it's sent to modem before dialing out; - added return string "No Answer" which appears with some new modems; - ZModem transfers will now start with a blocksize of 1kB so timing problems with the remote system shouldn't appear any more; - other smaller bugfixes ... :-) 0.61b1 03.05.94 - with TOS <= 0x104 Semper bombed, fixed; 0.62b 06.05.94 - the HSModem routine Fcntl( handle, &ctrl, TIOCFLUSH ) seems not to clear the buffers correctly. Therefor there was sometimes trash in the logfile ... - the menu is now disabled during transfer - in some cases the logfile wasn't cut to the given limit; fixed. - Semper doesn't count the arcmail packets extensions any more; this should solve any resync-problems after a transfer was cancelled. - it could happen (within Mag!X) that the position of faded out windows was saved in the history.sys so they didn't appear any more after the next start of Semper; fixed; - Semper now directly supports address-locking; each address for which files are currently sent is logged into the file addrlock.sys in the main outbound directory; the entries have the following structure: typedef struct { UWORD zone, net, node, point; UBYTE domainabbrev[9], reserved; /* set to 0 */ } LOCK_ADDR; Since JetMail will support this locking soon, too, tosser and mailer will work parallel within a multitasking environment or in networks; 0.63b 06.06.94 - port parameters were not set correct during initializations; some systems seemed to have problems due to this ... :-( - Semper bombed if a FLOfile entry had no path specification - during receiving the hole file is now buffered in memory (if possible); this means there is only one disc access at the end of transfer >>> better performance for 8MHz; 0.64b 10.06.94 - Serial 2 could not be saved on TTs; fixed. - Disk access during working on a FREQ optimized; - now also files to be sent are buffered in memory during transfer (see 0.63b); this was a logical step to increase the performance and error free receiving of a file due to less many disk accesses during Hydra transfers; - Emsi handshake problems (CRC errors) with certain system sorted out now; 0.65b 14.06.94 - Problems with domains without a '.' fixed; - "Yuppie" wasn't able to handle too soon transmission of crc during YooHoo handshake; fixed; - Some session handicaps fixed; :) 0.66b 25.06.94 - once again had to work on the session problem; I hope everything is fixed now ... - did some work on ZModem routines (ported to assembler -> Semper's 5kB smaller/faster now!); - changed logging; transfer logging should be "more equal" :-) between Hydra and ZModem ... - smaller fixes in device routines. - worked on the 'path-not-found' problem of some systems; hopefully fixed. - a small change in executing other programs; but I don't believe that Kim's executing problems are solved with that ... :-/ 0.67b 04.07.94 - the never ending story continued ... :-( Emsi handshake, ZModem 'resending from 0' ... - longer commandlines for programs in functions; please notice that the resources and config are _not_ backward compatible! - minor fix in device routines; - Emsi bug concerning '{', '}', '[' and ']' if specified in the system dialog fixed; - txemsi.dat and rxemsi.dat were not reseted during writing them out; strange effects! :-) 0.68b 08.07.94 - now supporting TOSWIN under MultiTOS; - 'Drive U:' now only is accessed if available or RSVF cookie is found; - memory for the i/o-buffer (iorec-struct) is now allocated with the 'Global' flag under MiNT if no Fcntl( hndl, &buf, TIOCBUFFER ) is possible; - if FastSerial is installed Semper will not try to open a device any more; - 'Path not found' error shouldn't appear any further; - Emsi handshake problems and ZModem 'resending from 0' should be fixed at last ... - little bug in escaping characters in the emsi packet fixed; - sometimes trash appeared in the log window when an unknown system was polled; fixed; - Semper could bomb if HSMODEM1 was installed and 'NO GEMDOS' was used in HSMODEM1.INF; fixed; - Semper now doesn't wait for ages any longer if the modem isn't online; - Modem1: RTS isn't deactivated any more when the DTR is lowered; 0.69b 11.07.1994 - ZModem timing problems fixed; - Emsi timing problems fixed; - if programs were started under AES 1.40 and 3.20 and Semper was terminated, the last application was started again; temporary fixed; PLEASE if this should happen to your system send me your AES and GemDos versions (enable '>' logging and start Semper again); - Flushing the i/o buffer under HSModem didn't work correctly, fixed; 0.70b 16.07.1994 - small bug in device routines fixed; - more tolerant emsi handshake recognition; - faster modem response recognition; - ZModem problems fixed (thanx to Daron Brewood): PLEASE do not use HSModem1 without 'NO GEMDOS'; there have been lots of problems when using the Fcntl() functions from Semper! Instead please install HSModemA04 or FastSerial ... - fixed problem when executing a program with 'P' and no program was selected in the fileselector; 0.71b 24.07.1994 - if the disabled menubar was clicked Semper some- times bombed; fixed, - added new dialog (config->modem->special dial strings): if the corresponding flag is found in the nodelist _and_ the flag field in the dialog is enabled, the alternate dial string is used; please use the new BTNC where all these nodelist flags are supported!!! - Semper waited a little long at session startup; fixed; - DTE speed in the status window now contains 6 characters (115200 could not be displayed!); - BBS.BAT: Time to next event is changed to time to next non-BBS event; please tell me if the calculation works properly. - Hydra sometimes had the problem of endless resync loops; hopefully fixed; - extended space for freqesting files in the request dialog to 32 characters;