August 16, 1992 Sys_Edit v1.03 for BBS Express! ST v1.60 & up only! Copyright (c) 1992, A+ Software BBS Express! ST is copyright (c) 1987,1992 C & R Systems, Inc. v1.03 Notes: o Fixed problem with file selector, when you held button to select a path, irregardeless of drive specified, would put the drive you loaded SYSDATA.DAT from. (reported by Rich Sanchez) o Improved code to be slightly faster and more compact. v1.02 Notes: o Fixed bug that would trash the Sysdata.dat (reported by Stuart Lyster) v1.01 Notes: Not released, bug fix only. v1.00 Notes: o Fixed bug concerning Message Command Definitions (reported by Easy Putter) The form read as 'Main Command Definitions' because I am using the same form for both in the resource file. I had simply forgot to add the code so that it would write 'Message Command Definitions' in its place. Fixed. v0.95 Notes: Ok, I believe the program is ready for all to try and use. The only work left to do is to finish the print routines. For now, the print to printer/disk feature only prints the General Setup stuff. By the time I have that module fully done, any bug found will hopefully be squashed. The print-to-disk filename is SYSDATA.TXT, and is written to the same directory that SYS-EDIT.PRG was executed from. v0.93 Beta notes: Found bug in message path area! Had a Strcpy() in the wrong place that caused a 'C' to end up in the message base path... Fixed (moved line up 5 lines). If you enter a command level > 32 it will set it = 32... In the File Sigs, if you blank out the Description and path, it will be marked as unused (same as original Sysedit.tos) v0.92 Beta notes: Command levels now work properly... Couldn't see the forest for the trees kind of thing... :-) I now use it to edit my Sysdata.Dat used on the BBS (I trust it!) There are a few special things I should tell you about. First, any place you go to type in a path, is fully editable so you can see what you are doing. Can't remember the path? No problem, just position the mouse pointer over the box the path is in, and press & hold the left button down for a second or two. Whalla! a File Selector appears, and you may go hunt down that path (and create it too, if you use UIS or something that lets you). Also, you will notice on the drop-downs, a letter after the selection field. That letter is a Hot-key to that selection. just press the letter on the keyboard and away you go. Everything else should be self-explanatory. If not, feel free to post a message to 'Perigee' on the C & R systems Support board, on my BBS, via FidoNet Netmail, or the General or Programming echos in AtariNet. I will reply as soon as possible. Enjoy! David Blanchard A+ Software MySTery BBS (803) 556-9730 (new number, please note it) FidoNet 1:372/200.0 Nest 91:3000/1010.0 AtariNet 51:1/6.0 P.S. Although I trust the program, and use it, I cannot be held responsible for any damage it may do. Just do like me, and have your Sysdata.dat file backed up every day during your daily event.