///// / / ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// ///// TM / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / ///// / / / / / / / / ///// / /// / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / ///// / ///// / / / / ///// ///// ///// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Developer's Note ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This program was started over a year ago. I haven't touched it for quite some time. At the time, it could not be compiled, presumably on account of bugs in the GFA Basic compiler version 3.07 E. I have upgraded to version 3.5E E since then, and decided to try compiling this file again. This time it worked. I've made a few bug fixes, and am releasing it as-is, in case it may be useful to some people. Note that since I don't have time to write documentation, I have included the original documentation, which unfortunately appears to be corrupt. This program is freeware, and I do not expect payment for it. I specifically disclaim any liability for commercial loss of profit, or any other damage, resulting from the use of this program. If this program is distributed, all of the following files should be part of the distribution: EVTED101.B1 EVTED110.B1 EVTED110.B2 EVTED110.B3 EVTEDIT.PRG EVTEDIT.TXT Note that the address 2:252/25.8 is VERY old. I can now be contacted at 2:253/600@fidonet.org, 90:104/102@nest.ftn, or 100:1041/0@turbonet.ftn. DJT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Documentation for BinkleyTerm Event file editor =============================================== The program is mainly self selector appears, which prompts you for an existing BINKLEY.EVT file. You can enter an existing file here, which will be loaded, or alternatively specify a non event file. Once this is done, the first 21 lines of the event file are displayed. The first event (if there are any) will be highlighted. You can change the highlighted event by means of the cursor or by using the mouse. When using the keyboard, the display will scroll to show any remaining events that are not presently on the screen. There are the following main menu options: [A] Append event: This will add an event to the end of the file, and place the highlighted bar there. This new event can be edited just like the others. [D] Delete event: This will first ask for confirmation that you wish to delete the event that is highlighted. Once confirmed, the event will be deleted. [E] Edit event: This will allow you to edit the selected event. Details of this option are given below. [I] Insert event: This will add an event at the current position of the highlight bar. All other events will scroll downward. As in the Append option, this new event can now be edited. [L] Load .EVT file: This calls up a file selector, from where a new event file can be selected for editing. [P] Print .EVT file: This gives a hard copy of the current event file being edited, along with the event numbers by the side. [Q] Quit: This first asks for confirmation, and, if given, will exit the program. [S] Save .EVT file: Once you have finished editing your event file, you can save it. The file specified upon loading is given as a default name; this can be selected, or a new file selected. ====================================================================== Edit Event ========== You can edit the current event here, using the following flags: Simple Flags ------------ These flags can be set or reset independently of any other flags, and only have two states, "ON" or "OFF". [n] Toggle the "do not fulfill inbound file requests in this event" flag. [f] Toggle the "force event" flag. [d] Toggle the "event is of dynamic length" flag. [x] Toggle the "don't poll for file requests" flag. Complex Flags ------------- These flags are followed by one or more parameters, and as such require input to set them. To reset them, just press [RETURN] when the prompt is given. To set them, specify the value of the parameter you are entering unless given other instructions below. [l] Allows you to set the cost flag. You can use this option in one of five ways. The first is just to press [RETURN] in which case the L flag will be deleted. The second is to type 0[RETURN], which will leave an L flag on it's own. The third, fourth and fifth are to type "<", "=" or ">" followed by a number, then [RETURN], which will set up a L<, L= or L> flag. [F1] Here you can set the errorlevel of exit caused by the start of an event. (The E1= flag) [F2] Here you can set the errorlevel of exit caused by receiving un’compressed mail, and compressed mail if E3 is not defined. (The E2= flag) [F3] Here you can set the errorlevel of exit caused by receiving compressed mail only. (The E3= flag) [a] You can set the average wait between outgoing calls, in seconds, with this flag. The default is 120, and the maximum is 1800. [t] This allows you to set the default maximum number of failed connects (defaulting to 3) and the default maximum number of call attempts (default shown as ) that will be made. Radio Flags ----------- I can't see that it makes much sense to have more than one of these flags set, so setting one resets the other three. You can have either none of these flags set, or one of them set. [c] Toggle the "Send to Continuously accepting Mail systems only" flag. [m] Toggle the "Send to any system regardless of whether designated as Continuous Mail" flag. [r] Toggle the "Receive Only" flag. [k] Toggle the "Send to non’Continuously accepting Mail systems only" flag. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Also, you can set the Start time by typing [s] and following the prompts, and the End time by typing [e]. You can set the month to any of the months of the year specifically, or all of them; these options can be cycled through by pressing [M]. You can set the date to any of 1 to 31 specifically, or all; these possibilities can be cycled through by pressing [D]. By typing [C] you can edit the string that is appended to the command lines of the AfterMail, CleanUp and Packer configuration file options. Finally, you can set or clear the presence of a day; this can be achieved by typing the keys [1] to [7], where [1] corresponds to Sunday, through to [7] meaning Saturday. A copy of the current status of the event line is displayed near the top of the screen. This is modified automatically. Once you are done editing the current event, pressing [Esc] will take you back to the selection menu (the main menu). Please note that you get the case of the keys entered correctly! If the text says to press [c], do so without pressing [Shift], and make sure your caps lock is off. If it says to press [C], hold down [Shift] while you press C. For a complete explanation of the options available in the BINKLEY.EVT file, please refer to the BinkleyTerm documentation. Please note that the program is not public domain; I allow the program to be freely distributed, but I retain my copyright of the program, source files and this documentation. I disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantibility and fitness for any particular purpose with respect to defects in the program or documentation. I will not be liable for any commercial damage, even if caused by my own negligence. I am David J. Thomas, and can be reached at 2:252/25.8@fidonet.org If you have any queries, bug reports, or suggestions for future updates, please don't hesitate to let me know! \/D\a/v\e/\