========================================================================== FILE2MSG v1.4x Last Changes: 10 Mar 93 ========================================================================== (c) Stephan Slabihoud, Gustav-Ohm-Str.72, D-46236 Bottrop ========================================================================== S H A R E W A R E ========================================================================== For shareware details refer to AVALON.TXT ========================================================================== If you have any ideas and bug reports directed at manual and program, please send them directly and per crashmail to me! INTRO ===== "Ah, respond files in my Inbound!" . Well, perhaps your boss has a new version of BINKLEY and sends you *.PKTs as respond files. But what about text files that want to be forwarded to other FIDO users? In such cases, FILE2MSG can make it easier for you. FILE2MSG converts any text files in the FIDO messagebase format that e.g. is used by LED (TheBox compatible). After that, such files can be read easily by LED. START ===== I guess you've never seen such an easy-to-use commandline: FILE2MSG [ ] - File(s) to be converted. - Whereto should FILE2MSG write the converted file(s)? Give the area filename without extension (like in AREAS.BBS)!
- Your FIDO address (4d). The converted original file will be deleted afterwards! The message then gets the following header: From : File2Msg Vx.xx Sent Pvt To : Sysop Subj.: FILENAME Nodes often want to forward files to their points. In such a case, FILE2MSG will take additional parameters: - Your name (that shall appear in the "From:" field) - The target address (4d). - The receiver ("To:"). - The subject. If you use "*filename*" as subject, the filename of the converted file will be used as subject. - 0 = The message flags "Sent" and "Local" are set, i.e. it will not be exported. 1 = The message flag "Local" is set, i.e. it will be exported (use this mode for echomails). 2 = The message flag "Local" and "Private" are set, i.e. it will be exported (use this mode for netmails). 3 = Set "Local","Private" and "KillSend". 4 = Set "Local","Private" and "Crash". 5 = Set "Local","Private","KillSent" and "Crash". If these parameters are not given, the original file is not deleted (in the case that it can be sent to other persons as well). ATTENTION ========= LED can only show files that are not longer than 32768 bytes; FILE2MSG converts files with a length up to 65535 bytes, so this feature cannot be used with the current version of LED. EXAMPLES ======== FILE2MSG E:\FIDO\INBOUND\*.RSP E:\FIDO\MSGS\SYSTEM 2:2401/208.6 - All respond files (*.RSP) are written to the area SYSTEM of your messagebase. FILE2MSG E:\FIDO\INBOUND\LISTE.LST E:\FIDO\MSGS\NETMAIL 2:4711/80.0 - The file LISTE.LST is written to your NETMAIL area. FILE2MSG E:\TEXT.TXT E:\FIDO\MSGS\NETMAIL 2:2401/208.6 "Stephan Slabihoud" 2:2401/53.0 "Guenther Paczia" "Info about AVALON" 1 - The text file TEXT.TXT is written to your netmail and gets the following header: ================================================ From : Stephan Slabihoud on 2:2401/208.6 Pvt To : Guenther Paczia on 2:2401/53 Subj.: Info about AVALON This message can now be exported. HISTORY ======= V1.00 - First official version. V1.10 - Converts up to 10 times faster. V1.20 - Converts error-free <;-)>. V1.30 - Addtional options. V1.40 - Now with MSGID. V1.41 - More flags possible. V1.42 - PID implemented. V1.43 - *filename* as subject can be used.