Subject: Personal Recipe Manager
From: [email-masked] (Dirk Howard)
Date: 20 Aug 88 16:00:17 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc

This program runs on MS-DOS 2.1 and higher.  It allows the user to
enter, edit, file and print over 3,000 recipes that the user enters.  A
rather specialized filing program.

[The documentation accompanying this program is quite well-written, and
the program itself isn't bad either.  When executed, PRMPRE.EXE, which
initializes files for use, gave me a "Dos error #2" before exiting
(using either PC-DOS 2.10b or PC-DOS 3.1).  But PRM.EXE then seemed to
run properly.  It seems to assume a color monitor if you have a
color/graphics card and you may find fragments of unreadable text on a
monochrome monitor, a problem found in a lot of shareware programs.  It
works find on a if you have a monochrome video card, though.  Editing
recipies is kind of slow and the built-in editor is simple and easy to
use, with only cursor movements and single character insert/delete.
(Software authors:  Please give the user an option of invoking his own
editor, e.g. QEDIT or BRIEF etc. instead of forcing him to use your own
simple editor.)  -- R.D.]